Top stories from the VSTS community – 2018.02.16
Here are top stories we found in our streams this week related to DevOps, VSTS, TFS and other interesting topics.
- I love reading – these are the blogs I follow – Wouter de Kort
Someone asked me how I try to stay up to date in the IT industry. Personally, I love reading. I follow a bunch of blogs and try to read as much as possible.
- Switched from ClearDB MySQL to Azure Database for MySQL – Esteban Garcia
Since I had seen that Azure now supported MySQL within Azure, through their new Azure Database for MySQL service, i figured that this would be as good time as any to make a switch.
- How to analyze your open source project with SonarCloud and VSTS – Mikael Krief
SonarCloud is a Cloud platform, which does not require any server or software installation and is freely accessible to enjoy unlimited analysis of open source projects.
- Infrastructure as Code – Peter Groenewegen, Pascal Naber, Simon Timms
In this article we will explain what Infrastructure as Code (IaC) is, the problems it solves, and how to apply it with Visual Studio Team Services (VSTS).
- How to deploy to Azure using Team Services Release Management – Mohamed Radwan
This post will demonstrate how Azure deployments are made easy by using Visual Studio Team Services (VSTS) Release Management.
- How to conditionally fail a build in a pull requests with TFS/VSTS – Terje Sandstrom
When your TFS/VSTS CI build is also used for a pull request, you often want to enable more checks before you let this go into the master (or any target) branch, and fail the build if these raise warnings.
- New cool feature of VSTS to limit impact of erratic tests – Ricci Gian Maria
Writing tests that interact with the UI or are based on several services interacting together can be difficult.
- DevOps and Finance – Ron Vincent
I know, who wants to talk about budgeting when it comes to software development? Well, I do. In this article I’ll explain why budgeting is important and what steps we can use to change our organization so that we can develop software and more importantly innovate in the 21st century.
- VSTS Gems- Branch filters in environment triggers – Rui Melo
Have more granular control on which artifacts should be deployed to a specific environment.
- 156 // Anthony Borton on Conducting the Trainer Train
In this episode Greg and Josh are joined by Anthony Borton and they chat about the good, bad, ugly and reward of training, what’s new in TFS2018, what’s not and what’s gone. They also chat about VSTS Migration and the closing migration window for TFS 2017.3.
TIP: If you want to get your VSTS news in audio form then be sure to subscribe to RadioTFS .
What do you think? How could we do this series better?
Here are some ways to connect with us:
- Add a comment below
- Use the #VSTS hashtag if you have articles you would like to see included