Top stories from the VSTS community – 2018.01.26
Here are top stories we found in our streams this week related to DevOps, VSTS, TFS and other interesting topics.
- What I learned about Microsoft doing DevOps: Part 8 – Deploying in a continuous delivery and cloud world or how to deploy on Monday morning – Wouter de Kort
In this post I want to highlight some principles that will help you adopt to the new cloud world and continuous delivery practices.
- Allow to trigger VSTS Build and Release – Jounad Tourvieille
If you like VSTS and Chrome, this tool may help you. Its purpose is to quickly launch VSTS Builds and Releases directly from Chrome.
- VSTS Gems- Skip scheduled builds if nothing has changed in the repo – Shmulik Ahituv
VSTS is a great platform, but did you know about its gems? Follow this short post series where we undercover some of its coolest features.
- Increase RAM for ElasticSearch for TFS Search – Ricci Gian Maria
ElasticSearch greatly benefit from high amount of RAM, both for query cache and for operating system cache of Memory Mapped Files.
- Continuous Delivery of your NuGet Packages with VSTS – Wes Macdonald
This post will show one approach you can use for your NuGet with VSTS, I shall show you how you can use the release views in a NuGet Package feed to communicate package quality.
- DevOps and Security: How to Overcome Cultural Challenges and Transform to True DevSecOps – Mike Kail
It’s important to remember that DevOps and DevSecOps are not job titles or roles. They are paradigm shifts in thinking and culture. Big shifts. But necessary ones.…
- Using Linked ARM Templates with VSTS Release Management – Colin Dembovsky
If you’ve ever had to create a complex ARM template, you’ll know it can be a royal pain.
- GitHub Issues – As a deployment gate in VSTS Release Management – Utkarsh Shigihalli
The process of monitoring GitHub issues as a deployment gate is a manual step today, in this blogpost we’ll show you how to automate this by leveraging the power of Azure Functions and VSTS.
- How to restore Azure SQL DW GeoBackup across Azure subscriptions – Tarun Arora
If you have arrived here, you are likely using Azure SQL DW and wondering how to restore a backup from one Azure subscription to another…?
- 155 // Unconscious Bias with Anna Russo
In this episode Greg is join by Anna Russo and they talk about woman in today’s DevOps world, Unconscious Bias, the important role Quality takes in our fast cadences, how you, man or woman, can start making a dent in that bias, advice to women on becoming a MVP and much more [Greg: I thought this a very ear-opening cast and one everyone needs to listen too….]
TIP: If you want to get your VSTS news in audio form then be sure to subscribe to RadioTFS .
What do you think? How could we do this series better?
Here are some ways to connect with us:
- Add a comment below
- Use the #VSTS hashtag if you have articles you would like to see included