Top stories from the VSTS community – 2017.06.23
Here are top stories we found in our streams this week related to DevOps, VSTS, TFS and other interesting topics.
- DevOps: Infrastructure As Code (IaC) with Azure : 2nd training series – Tarun Arora
Delighted to announce that my free training course on DevOps: Infrastructure As Code with Azure has just released on the Microsoft Open edX platform.
- Optimize your local git repository from time to time – Ricci Gian Maria
Git is an exceptional piece of software and I really cannot think living without it. Now with superfast SSD, you can use git without performance problem even for large repositories (maybe you converted an old Subversion or TFVC).
- Preparing For A Speaking Event? These MVPs Have Some Tips
Let’s face it. Preparing for a big presentation can be pretty daunting, no matter how many times you’ve done it. You want to provide valuable information, project your message clearly, and let your personality shine, too. It’s a huge balancing act.
- Walkthrough: Publish to Private NuGet Server from TFS2017 Build – Ben Day
NuGet is for package management is great. Refer to some package from your Visual Studio projects and you can easily include those binaries in your project.
- Integrate Assembly Diff in Your Build Using JustAssembly – Tsviatko Yovtchev
JustAssembly has gained a command line interface in the assembly diff tool, making it easy to generate an easily analyzed XML file to test your build.
- What’s Your Favorite DevOps Interview Question? 20 DevOps Pros Share Their Favorite Questions and How Developers Can Prepare – Angela Stringfellow
Everyone’s talking about DevOps these days, so it’s no surprise that companies are looking for developers and team leaders who are well-versed in the latest DevOps approaches.
- Hosting Bower Packages in TFS Git – Travis Illig
For better or worse, I’m trying to host a Bower package in a Git repository hosted in Team Foundation Server 2013.
- Why Move to VSTS? – Sachi Williamson
Visual Studio Team Services (VSTS) offers a lot of benefits to most teams over Team Foundation Server (TFS), and this post is designed to help you understand what those benefits are and start taking advantage of the solution yourself.
- Visualize the health of your CI/CD pipelines – ALM Rangers
The latest extension enables users to visualize the overall health of builds and releases.
- I can’t delete an Archetype from Eclipse – Donovan Brown
I have a bad archetype configured in Eclipse and I cannot delete it!
- How the Financial Industry Is Doing DevOps – João Miranda
The second DevOps Enterprise Summit (DOES) Europe, once again held in London, brought together the DevOps enterprise community. The financial industry was well represented, giving the attendees a unique perspective on the challenges facing this heavily regulated industry and how DevOps is helping to overcome them.
TIP: If you want to get your VSTS news in audio form then be sure to subscribe to RadioTFS .
What do you think? How could we do this series better?
Here are some ways to connect with us:
- Add a comment below
- Use the #VSTS hashtag if you have articles you would like to see included