Visual Studio 2012 ALM Virtual Machine with Update 1 and hands-on-labs / demo scripts now available
For anybody looking for training on the Microsoft Application Lifecycle tools one of the absolute best resources is Brian Keller’s ALM virtual machine. Full details about the virtual machine can be found here:
The Visual Studio 2012 Update 1 ALM virtual machine and 21 hands-on-labs / demo scripts are now available for download.
All of the existing hands-on-labs / demo scripts were updated to reflect UI and workflow changes included in Update 1.
One entirely new lab / demo script was created focusing on new ALM tooling for SharePoint 2010 developers and testers.
Finally, two existing labs / demo scripts were enhanced to include exercises based on new capabilities included with Update 1.
The new and updated labs / demo scripts are referenced in the table of scenarios listed on the download page.
The entire list of labs below:
New labs for Visual Studio 2012:
- Agile Project Management in Visual Studio Team Foundation Server 2012
- Building the Right Software – Generating Storyboards and Collecting Stakeholder Feedback with Visual Studio 2012
- Diagnosing Issues in Production with IntelliTrace and Visual Studio 2012
- Unit Testing, Code Coverage, and Code Clone Analysis with Visual Studio 2012 UPDATED for Update 1
- Making Developers More Productive with Visual Studio Team Foundation Server 2012
- Exploratory Testing and Other Enhancements in Microsoft Test Manager 2012
- Introduction to PreEmptive Analytics
- Lab Management Improvements in Visual Studio 2012
- Testing and Debugging SharePoint 2010 Applications with Visual Studio 2012 NEW for Update 1
Labs upgraded from Visual Studio 2010:
- Authoring and Running Manual Tests using Microsoft Test Manager 2012
- Introduction to Test Planning with Microsoft Test Manager 2012
- Introduction to Test Case Management with Microsoft Test Manager 2012
- Introduction to Platform Testing with Microsoft Test Manager 2012
- Introduction to Coded UI Tests with Visual Studio Ultimate 2012
- Branching and Merging Visualization with Visual Studio Team Foundation Server 2012
- Debugging with IntelliTrace using Visual Studio Ultimate 2012
- Using Code Analysis with Visual Studio 2012 to Improve Code Quality
- Understanding Class Coupling with Visual Studio Ultimate 2012
- Code Discovery using the Architecture Tools in Visual Studio Ultimate 2012 UPDATED for Update 1
- Using the Architecture Explorer in Visual Studio Ultimate 2012 to Analyze Your Code
- Introduction to Web Performance and Load Testing with Visual Studio Ultimate 2012
Remember these labs double as great demo scripts in case you want to show off these features to others!
(Great work and thanks Brian!!)