Microsoft Update available for Visual Studio 2010 SP1
An update to Visual Studio 2010 SP1 with compatibility support for Visual Studio 2012 and Windows 8 is available for download at Download Center and as a Microsoft Update.
After you apply the Microsoft update, the following Visual Studio 2010 SP1 Test Tools features are improved for Windows 8:
Here are the list of new features:
- You can run a Coded UI Test for the Microsoft .NET Framework 4.5-based Windows Presentation Foundation (WPF) controls on a computer that is running Windows 8.
- You can run a Coded UI test for 64-bit (x64) Internet Explorer 10 on a computer that is running Windows 8.
The Update also contains bug fixes to below issues:
- You cannot open a code coverage file (.coverage) that is created by Visual Studio 2012 in Visual Studio 2010 SP1.
- You cannot open a code coverage file (.coverage) that is generated as part of TFS 2012 build results in Visual Studio 2010 SP1.
- There is a test artifact that is assigned to an invalid user in TFS 2010. For example, a user has left the company, but still has a test case that is assigned to him.You upgrade TFS 2010 to TFS 2012. You use Microsoft Test Manager (MTM) 2010 to connect to the upgraded TFS server. You are not able to assign the test artifact to any TFS users by using MTM 2010
- When you run a load test together with a network type other than the local area network (LAN) profile on a computer this is running Windows 8, the network emulator driver causes the operating system to crash.
For more details, view KB Article 2736182