When I saw the first picture a while back I was unimpressed with the successor of the HTC Touch. Now that it is out, I think it is a pretty amazing phone. From a design perspective, the diamond edges are original - although to me they look more like the angles on a stealth fighter. Functionally, there are a couple significant improvements:
- Windows Mobile 6.1 Professional
- Improved user interface - Touch FLO 3D. Check the video on Gizmodo, it is very, very cool.
- 4Gb internal storage and 128Mb RAM and a 528Mz processor
- HSDPA 7.2 and HSUPA + Bluetooth 2.0 EDR + WifI 802.11 b/w + GPS/AGPS
- 3.2 MP Camera with video capabilities
- A new browser with single-touch zoom and pan, and automatic rotation (via an accelerometer) and a custom YouTube client
Gizmodo UI overview video http://gizmodo.com/387544/hands+on-with-the-htc-touch-diamond