JavaScript Intellisense for the Virtual Earth Map Control

UPDATE: Fixed the embedded video.

image

Have you ever wished you could get JavaScript Intellisense for the Virtual Earth Map Control in Visual Studio 2008?  I have, so I came up with a solution and started a codeplex project!  I just recorded a short 10 minute channel 9 screencast explaining the solution.  The screencast is here.  I have also embedded the video in this post for those of you who prefer that.  Once the video has started, you can double click it to go fullscreen.

The project is not finished.  I need people to volunteer to contribute so we can release full intellisense for the Virtual Earth Map Control 6.0.  Instructions for people who want to contribute are in the screencast.  The more people willing to contribute, the faster we make this available for everyone!

The codeplex project is http://codeplex.com/vejs.

1. Marc Schweigert has created a great new project on CodePlex that allows you to get JavaScript Intellisense

2. Marc Schweigert has created a great new project on CodePlex that allows you to get JavaScript Intellisense

3. You know that Visual Studio 2008 has a great new feature – JavaScript Intellisense. Then when you really

4. Kev says:

How do i make the video display bigger? I can barely see it, especially with the code in VS.

5. marcsc says:

The last sentence of the first paragraph reads "Once the video has started, you can double click it to go fullscreen."

Is that not working for you?

6. Marc Schweigert has put together a CodePlex project to support Intellisense for the Virtual Earth Map

7. Marc Schweigert has put together a CodePlex project to support Intellisense for the Virtual Earth Map

8. SoulSolutions says:

Marc,

That email address bounced – does it work external to Microsoft?

my message:

Marc,

I’d love to help (user: SoulSolutions), but I’d also like to help get others involved. I completely understand the concept and agree you need a bunch of volunteers to make this a community project and share the workload.

I moderate the VE Forums and posted here:

I haven’t put this email address in the post but let me know if I can (I hate spam too!)

Thanks,

John.

9. marcsc says:

Chris,

Thanks for your interest.  I’d be thrilled if you contributed!  The email bounce issue has been resolved.  See the following post for details:

I’d prefer not to publish the email in text to prevent spam.  If folks are interested in contributing, they should watch the screencast to get the details.  Thanks for spreading the word!

10. O Marc Schweigert iniciou um projeto no codeplex para ter intellisense no javascipt para o controle do

11. Mein Kollege Marc Schweigert hat ein Codeplex-Projekt für Virtual Earth IntelliSense erstellt. Mehr

12. Virtual Earth インテリセンス対応 キタ━(゚∀゚)━!

13. Virtual Earth インテリセンス対応 キタ━(゚∀゚)━!

14. Marc Schweigert , one of my DE counterparts from the Public Sector team, has started a project to bring

15. Marc Schweigert , one of my DE counterparts from the Public Sector team, has started a project to bring

16. Marc Schweigert has enabled JavaScript IntelliSense with Visual Studio 2008 and the Microsoft Virtual

17. Marc Schweigert has enabled JavaScript IntelliSense with Visual Studio 2008 and the Microsoft Virtual

18. Gold Coast says:

19. We’ve officially released!  If you’ve been paying attention to the project, you might have noticed

20. We've officially released!  If you've been paying attention to the project, you might have

21. I’m slowly recovering from keynoting at MIX last week, and have been digging my way out of backlogged

22. I’m slowly recovering from keynoting at MIX last week, and have been digging my way out of backlogged

23. I'm slowly recovering from keynoting at MIX last week, and have been digging my way out of backlogged

24. pramod says:

how can i find the shortest path with the time required to traval that path for virual earth maps?

plz give me code ?

25. marcsc says:

You want to use the map.GetDirections() API.

You can find more details using the interactive sdk at http://dev.live.com/virtualearth/sdk/ or via the full blown sdk at http://msdn2.microsoft.com/en-us/library/bb877838.aspx.