It had to happen. On my last day of work before going on leave, a bug was discovered in Build 18 of the Support Debugging Tool for Microsoft Dynamics GP.
So I am releasing a Build 18 hotfix for versions 10.0, GP 2010 (v11.0) and GP 2013 (v12.0), the hotfix build is dated as Last Modified: 23-May-2014.
The issue which was found can occur when the Administrator Setting: Prevent application windows from opening outside of the visible desktop area is enabled and the main application window is minimized. If you turn the option off there is no problem and if you don’t minimize the main application window there is no problem.
This hotfix build includes a couple of fixes and some minor enhancements to existing features.
I am always grateful for feedback, so please respond to the Feedback Survey so we can obtain some real data on the number of users, what features they use and their satisfaction with the tool. This information will help justify the continued development of the tool. Please show your support and respond to the survey:
Below is a summary of the changes made for the hotfix, I have divided them into logical sections:
- Fixed incorrect position of Security ID field on Resource Information window.
- Fixed issues when main application window is minimized and Prevent application windows from opening outside of the visible desktop area is enabled.
- Added Dictionary ID to forms and reports dictionary lists in Security Information window.
- Added button to open Resource Information window from Security Information window.
- Added link to Support Debugging Tool Portal when F1 is pressed for Help.
- Changed Security Profiler to only show dialog once per session when it wants to automatically open but access is denied.
- Added EnableServerDropDown setting to Startup tab of Dex.ini Settings window.
- Added DefaultLastUser setting to Startup tab of Dex.ini Settings window.
- Added DefaultLastCompany setting to Startup tab of Dex.ini Settings window.
For downloads, please see the Support Debugging Tool Portal Page:
The Support Debugging Tool is a custom built tool to provide additional capabilities to troubleshoot issues and is not part of the standard Microsoft Dynamics GP released application. Technical support for this tool is not handled via the standard support systems and instead is provided via the public Microsoft Dynamics GP Community Forum. You can use the link below to access the forum:
To assist the partners and Microsoft employees who monitor the forum for these questions, please prefix any subject lines with the initials “SDT: “.
For more information, please see the Support Debugging Tool Portal Page:
Please post your feedback on what you think of this build and what you would like to see in the future.
Thanks to Sheila Jefferson-Ross and Beat Bucher for their help in identifying the problem and testing the fix. Also thanks to Terry Heley for getting the files and PartnerSource pages updated.
Don’t forget to provide feedback via the Support Debugging Tool Feedback Survey.