HELP NEEDED: Support Debugging Tool Feedback Survey

David Meego - Click for blog homepageHi Microsoft Dynamics GP Community

With the release of Build 18 of the Support Debugging Tool (SDT) I have created a Support Debugging Tool Feedback Survey.

This short 10 question survey is really important as previously we have only had anecdotal evidence of the community’s use of and support for the Support Debugging Tool.

To help justify the continued development of the Support Debugging Tool, we need some hard data. This survey is the method we are using to gather the data.

If you are a user of the Support Debugging Tool (SDT), please take five minutes out of your day to complete the survey.

If you are not yet a user of the SDT, go to the portal and download and install it. After you have used it for a few days and you can then complete the survey.

Thank you for your support.

David

1. Makolyte says:

I took the survey and had some suggestions. I thought of something after taking the survey though. Would there be any chance of releasing the source dic to source partners?

2. David Musgrave says:

Hi Makolyte

At this stage there are no plans to release the Support Debugging Tool (SDT) source code.

Part of the reason is that the SDT code uses a number of unsupported and undocumented techniques to achieve what it does.  The Development team does not really like me using them, but I know they would hate me letting others have the details of them.

If you have specific questions on how the SDT works, let me know.

David

3. Aaron Witt says:

David

Excellent tool!  It's so much easier to administer my GP environment with this tool.

Survey completed.

Regards

Aaron

4. Aaron Back says:

David – Love the tool! I have taken the survey. Hope this helps your cause!

Thanks

5. Terry Horn says:

David,

Ditto to Aaron's comment.  I may add we NEED this tool, it is not just a preference.  Without it, I am not sure how IT can support GP effectively.

6. Ryan Meyer says:

Took the survey.  Recommended it be incorporated in the Core install.  It's a great tool.

Thanks for advocating for it David!

7. Frank Heslin says:

If you have users in more than one location, or if you have more than 8-10 users, you NEED this tool.  Kudos to David!!!