From the Microsoft Garage to you: Mouse Without Borders

David Meego - Click for blog homepageI came across this great little utility developed by Microsoft Dynamics AX Developer Truong Do.

Mouse Without Borders does away with the traditional KVM (Keyboard/Video/Mouse) switch to allow multiple computers to share a single keyboard and mouse.

Up to four computers on the same network can be linked and the tool includes functionality such as cut & paste and drag & drop across machines. You can also lock or login to all machines at the same time.

Watch the video below for an introduction to the tool and the creator:

For more information have a read of these posts:

Download the installation file from this link:

For questions and support, please use this forum:

21-Sep-2011: Add link for support forum.

1. Anonymous says:

Seems like great enough of a feature that it should be rolled into 8. This seems like the inovation we'd like to see in an OS.

2. JivteshSingh says:

I have used this tool MaxiVista for the past few years to do something familiar. It lets you use your mouse and keyboard and extend the screen as well.

However, its great to see a free alternative!

3. Anonymous says:

What ports does the app use?

4. Anonymous says:

@TTA: The ports are 15101 and 15100, please visit this site for more help & questions –

5. Posting from Jivtesh Singh at About Dynamics, Development and Life…/everything-dynamics-gp-32.html

6. Anonymous says:

@  Truong Do

Thanks for the link.

I thought I came accross your project by seeing an article @ Whatever website it was brought me to sites like:…/microsoft-garage-download-mouse-without-borders.aspx…/bb467597 (I don't think it's on this page anymore)

While reading those links I don't recall ever seeing the site you replied to me with.

I wish those articles had the link.

7. Anonymous says:

Am I allowed to use it at work?

8. Hi Bizliri

I don't see why not.

9. Anonymous says:

Hi – Great App, however is there a way for the key to be added automatically? – we have mutltiple users who want this and each time a user logs in, they have to add the security key each time

would be nice if the app lanuched automatically for each user – seems a small thing but is annoying every time someone logs in

10. Hi Ryan

Can I suggest asking your question on the forum address given at the end of the article.