Today we have released the new Microsoft Dynamics GP 2010 R2 RTM VPC image.
Microsoft Dynamics GP 2010 R2 RTM VPC PartnerSource Download Page:
Does this have Microsoft SharePoint Server 2010 Installed?
No. Unfortunately, Microsoft Virtual PC only supports 32 Bit guest operating systems, so we will not be able to integrate with Microsoft SharePoint Server 2010 (new External List functionality.)
Important Points to Remember:
- You must utilize the .vmc (virtual machine configuration) files that get extracted with the .vhd (virtual hard disk) files in order for the VPC to function correctly.
- There are two .vmc (Virtual Machine Configuration Files) files and two .vhd (Virtual Hard Disk Files) respectively.
- We have created a separate Domain Controller VPC that needs to be running simultaneously with the VPC in order for this technical demonstration toolkit to function correctly.
- Please pay close attention to the IMPORTANT INFORMATION folder that gets extracted from the .rar files.
- The VPC is only supported on the Microsoft Virtual PC 2007 SP1 platform. You will not be able to utilize the new Windows7 Virtual PC Platform. (In some cases, you may need to uninstall Windows7 Virtual PC from your laptops as it cannot “Coexist” on the same machine with Microsoft Virtual PC 2007 SP1.
- The Microsoft Dynamics GP Technical Support Team does NOT provide technical support for VPC’s. If you have a question, please contact your regional Partner Technology Advisor. If you have general feedback, feel free to email: firstname.lastname@example.org
Note: This is the last 32-bit VPC image for Microsoft Dynamics GP. Moving forward, the images will be 64-bit Hyper-V images.
What did we deliver in this release?
- GP 2010 R2 RTM, Business Portal, Workflow, SRS/Excel Reports, Web Services
- Management Reporter 2.0 SP1
- Forecaster 7 SP3-CU5
- Management Reporter – Multi-currency databases and reporting
- New databases CES- (Contoso Entertainment Systems), USD,CDA,TWO-A
- Added TWO-A (copy of TWO company) for Multi-company SRS Reporting
- SQL Native Mode install for Dynamics GP 2010 R2 HomePage Reports
- Setup AP Batch Approval Workflow
- Added Sales Territory “maps” reports to Dashboards
- Multi-company SRS Reporting for TWO and TWO-A
- Added link to Report Builder 3.0 in Program Files
- Two new Extend the Reach demos – Light User Vision Demos
- “Simple” Employee Expense Management example using Excel 2010 and Document Information Panels and driving approval thru SharePoint Designer Workflow and creating an AP Invoice in Dynamics GP 2010 R2 thru Web Services – Demomate Coming
- Email based workflow approval “Lazy approval” thru SharePoint Designer Workflow completing tasks in Dynamics GP 2010 R2 Purchase Order thru Workflow Web Services - Demomate Coming
- Word Forms Developer tab render on Dynamics GP 2010 R2 login as Phyllis
- Added SQL Analytics Setting to cube builder in Dynamics GP 2010 R2
- Enabled Default PO in Purchase Order Screen in Dynamics GP 2010 R2
- We worked hard to really give you a meaningful R2 RTM image, and I hope that you find this very valuable.
Happy Demoing everyone!
Jay Manley, John Dooley, Lyle Curry and Jason Siever (the GP 2010 VPC v-team)
Special thank you to: Daryl Anderson, Ryan Sandness, Craig Crescas, Pam Misalek, Dean Stegmiller, and Errol Shoenfish for your help to make this release a success!
Thanks to everyone involved.