Could not load external ‘DexIsODBCsqlDriver@GPDWIN32.dll’

David Meego - Click for blog homepageA little while ago I downloaded and installed the RTM (Released to Manufacturing) build of Microsoft Dynamics GP 2010. After installing GP and Dexterity I started on the process of updating my Dexterity projects to use the RTM build of Dynamics.dic (build 11.00.1247) and Dexterity (build 11.00.0218.000).

After updating from the Visual SourceSafe (VSS) repository (while using the index file) and recompiling, I pressed Ctrl-T to go into Test Mode and received the following error:

Unhandled script exception:
Could not load external ‘DexIsODBCsqlDriver@GPDWIN32.dll’

Here is a screenshot of the error dialog:

GPDWIN32.dll Error

The solution to this error is fairly simple, copy the missing GPDWIN32.dll from the Dynamics GP application folder to the Dexterity folder.  Once the file has been copied, Dexterity Test Mode works again.

This file is not actually part of the Dexterity system, but is called by the Dynamics GP application and so needs to be available when activating Test Mode.

David

1. Laura says:

Dave – thank you for this blog. You saved me a bunch of time.

2. Sheila Ochoa says:

Yes, thank you David.  I ran into this error and found your blog.  Much appreciated!

3. David Musgrave says:

Hi Sheila

Awesome, glad we could help.

David

4. Mitch Holfeld says:

Thanks dave, your a legend!

5. Tim Williams (amllp.com) says:

Many thanks as always David, you are truly a worldwide legend.  How many people past Tiger Woods can make that claim.

Thanks as always for the help.

6. Robert says:

Hi David,

I'm a newbie to GP, and seem to be having the same issue. I have a number of machines that work fine after a clean install, and 3 that are getting this error. the GPDWIN32.dll file is not in the Dexterity folder on the machines that work, and after copying it on the machines that don't, it still doesn't work.

Not sure if I'm doing something wrong, but is this the correct path to the dexterity folder?

'C:Program FilesCommon FilesMicrosoft SharedDexterity'

7. David Musgrave says:

Hi Robert

This error is when you are using the Dexterity development environment and try to go into Test Mode.  The Dexterity folder would be wherever you installed Dexterity to.

If you are getting this error with only Dynamics installed it is a different issue.  Look into the Dynamics GP application folder and see if GPDWIN32.DLL is there and if it is use regsvr32.exe to register the DLL.

If you are still having issues, log a support case.

David

8. Matt Broadfield says:

Thanks, David!  You would think that I'd look here first for the answer as many times as I have found the answer here – alas, I must be a slow learner.

Matt

9. ArunrajR says:

Thanks a lot David …. awesome

10. MALIK says:

where the dexterity folder is ??? i found win 32 but not the dexterity folder please

11. Hi Malik

Check out the updated version of this post.

winthropdc.wordpress.com/…/developing-using-dexterity-for-microsoft-dynamics-gp-2015

The Dexterity folder is wherever you installed it to. Default is under Program Files (x86).

David

12. ConsultantTLop says:

I have the same error for Dynamics GP 2015, ideas?
    Unhandled script exception:
    Could not load external ‘DexIsODBCsqlDriver@GPDWIN32.dll’

1. Did you make sure that the GPDWIN32.DLL file is available in the application folder and has not been blocked by security for some reason?

It should be installed with the application, so you could always try repairing the application.

David