Have you ever wondered what Independent Software Vendors (ISV's) have to do to achieve Certified for Microsoft Dynamics status?
If this is the case, read on....
This certification is for Partner solutions which have met the high standard for Customer trust, localization, and compatibility with Microsoft Dynamics in whatever flavor you prefer: Microsoft Dynamics AX, Microsoft Dynamics GP, Microsoft Dynamics NAV, Microsoft Dynamics SL or Microsoft Dynamics CRM.
Customers can use the Solution Finder (www.microsoft.com/dynamics/solutionfinder) to see the tested and referenceable solutions for their unique needs. These are solutions that were created by Partners with industry and regional expertise. The Certified for Microsoft Dynamics logo will only appear with solutions which are certified.
To achieve this august certification there are five requirements:
- Three solution specific requirements
- Two organizational requirements
The three solution specific requirements are as follows:
- Solution must pass the compatibility and development standards test “Software Solution test for Microsoft Dynamics”.
Note: See VeriTest web site for detailed information (http://www.lionbridge.com/lionbridge/en-US/services/software-product-engineering/testing-veritest/product-certification-services/microsoft.htm).
- Solution must have a minimum of ten (10) customer references.
Note: Customers must be on the current tested Microsoft Dynamics version or one version prior.
- Solution must be profiled in Solution Profiler as a “Software Offering” only, and profiled for the specific Product line.
And the two organizational requirements are as follows:
- The ISV must be a Gold Certified Partner in the Microsoft Partner Program.
- The ISV must be on a Partner Service Plan for Microsoft Dynamics.
The basic overview and a FAQ are at http://www.microsoft.com/dynamics/partners/cfmd.mspx. The FAQ document has information including version numbers and test components.
And details on the test for each product can be found under the Detailed Requirements heading on this web site: