Data being integrated with eConnect is leaving records in Microsoft Dynamics GP tables when there is an error being returned. eConnect should be rolling back the data out of Microsoft Dynamics GP tables.
eConnect uses Microsoft Distributed Transaction Coordinator (DTC) to send the data being imported from the workstation to the SQL Server. When using Distribution Transaction Coordinator if there is an error received during the integration process then DTC will rollback the data from the Microsoft Dynamics GP tables. Now if the eConnect 10 for Microsoft Dynamics GP is set to a value other than Required under the Transaction Support tab then it will not roll back the data.
To check the Transaction Support setting perform the following steps:
- Locate Administrative Tools and then Component Services.
- Expand the eConnect 10 for Microsoft Dynamics GP.
- Expand the Components folder there will be a component called Microsoft.Dynamics.GP.eConnect.eConnectMethods, right-click this and then click Properties.
- As soon as you are in the Properties click the Transactions tab.
- Make sure that the Transaction Support is set to Required.
If the Transaction Support is not set to Required perform the following steps:
- Change the value to be required and then click OK.
- You are now in the Component Services window where you will be able to see the eConnect 10 for Microsoft Dynamics GP COM+ package.
- Right-click the eConnect 10 for Microsoft Dynamics GP COM+ package and select Shutdown.
- Next, right-click the eConnect 10 for Microsoft Dynamics GP COM+ package again and select Start.
- This process will restart the com+ package so that changes to the com+ settings will take effect.