The Office 2016 Deployment Tool allows the administrator to customize and manage Office 2016 Click-to-Run deployments. This tool will help administrators to manage installations sources, product/language combinations, and deployment configuration options for Office Click-to-Run.
Some administrators will need more control beyond the default Click-to-Run installation behavior in order to work best in their environments. In this new version, we added the following features:
• Added support to fall back to the Office CDN for language packs that aren’t found in the source path.
• Added the ability to install individual C2R proofing tools packages with or after initial install.
Using the Office Deployment Tool, an administrator may:
• Download an Office installation source to a network share location
• Configure an installation to use a network share as the installation source instead of the Internet
• Configure an installation to suppress all UI
• Configure whether Office will automatically update or not
• Configure which products and languages to install
• Remove Office Click-to-Run products
Hope this helps.