Leveraging Microsoft Small Basic to teach future generations of women. Here is a video which tells how Microsoft Small Basic helps them to achieve more So please leverage Microsoft Small Basic to teach future generations of women, young girls. They can learn via Visual Programming, create programs, Games and improve their knowledge. Learn the programming concepts starting with the fundamentals and move your way up. Small Basic is based on .NET and what you learn here could be easily applied to other .NET programming languages like Visual Basic. And when you do graduate to Visual Basic, you can bring your existing programs with you using a built-in conversion utility.
Just to update you that Microsoft Small Basic puts the "fun" back into computer programming. Few of the interesting stuff I want to mention were,
- With a friendly development environment that is very easy to master, it eases both kids and adults into the world of programming.
- Small Basic combines a friendly environment with a very simple language and a rich and engaging set of libraries to make your programs and games pop.
- In a matter of few lines of code, you will be well on your way to creating your very own game.
- With a new and revolutionary IntelliSense®, Small Basic makes writing code a breeze.
- Now you can share your programs with your friends; let them import your published programs and run them on their computer.
For more information, refer the following:
Program Gallery: http://blogs.msdn.com/b/smallbasic/archive/2013/02/17/small-basic-program-gallery-listed-by-category.aspx
Hope this helps.