Visual Studio Code provides developers with a new choice of developer tool that combines the simplicity and streamlined experience of a code editor with the best of what developers need for their core code-edit-debug cycle. Visual Studio Code is the first code editor, and first cross-platform development tool - supporting OSX, Linux, and Windows - in the Visual Studio family.
Some of the key features that I like were:
- Code editing redefined and optimized for building and debugging modern web and cloud applications.
- A lightweight, fast, keyboard-centric tool
- It’s free and available on your favorite platform.
- Get up and running in minutes and be productive no matter what OS you are using.
- Regular updates are simple to install and released on all platforms at the same time.
- The perfect complement to your favorite developer tools.
- Connect with the entire Git universe by pulling and pushing code to any remote—GitHub, Azure Web Apps, Visual Studio Online, and more
So it’s worth to give try Visual Code for free