Do you use Facebook, look forward to integrate with Outlook and change your existing world? Yes, you can can connect your Facebook account to the Outlook Social Connector and stay up to the minute with the people in your network by accessing everything from e-mail threads to status updates in one single, centralized view. Nice isn’t it.
The Microsoft Outlook Social Connector Provider for Facebook allows you to connect your Facebook account to the Outlook Social Connector and obtain information about your friends and colleagues. You can see status updates and recently posted items from your Facebook contacts.
You can also use Outlook Social Connector to display a quick view of related Outlook content when you click on an email from a contact, such as recent e-mail conversations, meetings, and shared attachments to help you easily track your communications.
We built the Outlook Social Connector with privacy and security in mind. The information people share is a personal choice, so it's up to you to determine what you share, and with whom. To give more Outlook users the ability to connect their Inbox with their social networks, we have also updated Outlook Social Connector to work with Outlook 2003 and 2007.
Where to download and steps to install?
For Outlook 2010 32-bit, Outlook 2007, and Outlook 2003:
- Download the setup file by clicking the Download button next to OSCFB-x86-en-us.exe (below), and save the file to your hard disk.
- Double-click the OSCFB-x86-en-us.exe program file on your hard disk to start the Setup program.
- Follow the instructions on the screen to complete the installation.
For Outlook 2010 64-bit:
- Download the setup file by clicking the Download button next to OSCFB-x64-en-us.exe (below), and save the file to your hard disk.
- Double-click the OSCFB-x64-en-us.exe program file on your hard disk to start the Setup program.
- Follow the instructions on the screen to complete the installation
NOTE: The Microsoft Outlook Social Connector Provider requires Microsoft Outlook Social Connector and the related update (KB983403) to be installed. If these components are not already installed on your machine, the Microsoft Outlook Social Connector Provider for Facebook will download and install the necessary updates from the Microsoft Download Center before completing the provider installation.
For more help, ask questions at Microsoft Answers.