If you used CTP of Visual Basic for Windows Phone then today you can download the RTW version of the Visual Basic add-on from VB support for the Windows Phone developer tools. This release enables Visual Basic developers to create, build, release Silverlight applications and games for Windows Phone 7 using the final version of the Windows Phone Developer Tools.
It comes along with the official support for Visual Basic to Windows Phone. Also you can check out new VB versions of our released samples on MSDN.
For more information about this release, check out the following resources:
- The Visual Basic team’s blog
- Soma’s announcement of the release on his blog
- Jason Zander’s blog post on the release
Please note the following:
- This initial release of the Visual Basic add-on for the Windows Phone Developer Tools requires Visual Studio 2010 Professional or higher; Visual Studio 2010 Express for Windows Phone is not supported. If you do not have VS 2010 Pro or higher, you can download a trial version here.
- This release is only for Silverlight projects only; the Visual Basic add on for the Windows Phone Developer Tools does not support projects built on the XNA Framework.
- First install the System Requirements above, including Visual Studio 2010 Professional, Premium, or Ultimate and the Windows Phone Developer Tools RTW. Then click on VBWP7SetupENU.msi from the files in the download section above, to install the necessary components for Visual Basic.