Some development technologies that shipped/available in earlier versions of Exchange Server are not included in Exchange 2010.
The following technologies were removed from Exchange 2007:
- Exchange providers for Windows Management Instrumentation (WMI)
- Collaboration Data Objects for Exchange Management (CDOEXM)
- Collaboration Data Objects for Exchange Workflow (CDOWF)
- Exchange Web Forms
- At Functions
The following technologies were removed from Exchange 2010:
- Exchange OLE DB Provider (ExOLEDB)
- Exchange store Event Sinks
- World Wide Web Distributed Authoring and Versioning (WebDAV)
- CDO 3.0 (CDOEx)
- Item-level permissions
- Exchange Store custom item types
These technologies are not documented in the Exchange 2010 Web Services SDK. Any references to these technologies in the documentation are in error.
For migration information, you can refer the Guide to Exchange Server 2010 Development Technologies.