Welcome to Exchange Server Development Technologies - Series # 1
In this series, we will discuss about the Exchange Rules. This topic provides information about using Exchange Rules to develop messaging applications.
- Exchange rules are typically used to specify user-defined actions that are to be performed on messages that arrive in folders of the user's mailbox.
- In addition, it is possible to use a set of predefined rules on Public Folders
- Exchange Server uses rules on mailboxes and other folders to automatically execute actions on objects in the folders.
- You can use rules to develop applications that carry out predefined or custom actions, even at times when the application is not running.
- Rules can be performed on the Exchange store (server-side) or on Microsoft Outlook (client-side, deferred action rules).
For more detailed information, please find this MSDN documentation.