You can also monitor the Event sinks by using Performance Counters.
- System monitor counters are fully supported for each event.
- For the core OLE DB functions, these counters are the same as the store counters.
- For Microsoft Exchange-specific implementations, such as the various event interfaces, the OLE DB layer in the store supports counters for determining how an out-of-process sink affects the performance of the overall system.
- In addition, the OLE DB provider creates counters for each instance of a virtual server.
- Other Microsoft Internet Information Services (IIS) services, such as SMTP, Network News Transfer Protocol (NNTP), and HTTP perform similar functions.
Each event appears as an instance of one of the following counters:
- Submitted Rate (per second)
- Submitted Total
- Completed Rate (per second)
- Completed Total