Basic Information about "Mailbox store and Public folder Store":
- MS Exchange store is a storage platform. The Exchange store is also known as the Web Storage System.
- It provides a single repository for managing multiple types of unstructured information in one infrastructure.
- Mailbox stores & public folder stores are two of the components of the Exchange store.
MS Exchange Server 2000 & 2003 include two types of information databases:
- Mailbox Store:
- Hold personal mailbox information.
- Public Folder Store:
- It's a shared repository, where information that is shared among many users. Public folders should be used when your business requires data replication to multiple servers.