Help beta test a fix for ink moving and shifting bug in OneNote 2010

We’ve heard reports from customers that ink they are creating on their Tablet PC in OneNote 2010 sometimes moves or shifts unexpectedly.  We know how frustrating this can be and are trying to release a public update to address this issue as quickly (and safely) as possible.  To that end, we believe we have a fix and we are looking for beta testers before the public release.

If you are interested, please contact us via this blog (email or comments w/your email address) and we’ll follow up with you once the build is ready.  Thank you so much for your help with this and for your patience.

Update: We are no longer in need of people, thank you very much to everyone who offered to help, much appreciated!

1. Hypernova says:

I have this problem since 2007 (not sure about 2003).  I'd love to test the fix.  Thank you.

2. Kathy Jacobs says:

Took the liberty to post this on the MS Answers area. Thanks for the update! (Link to the answers item: social.answers.microsoft.com/…/2bf787e0-29d9-431b-8a2f-728897cabde1 )

3. If you leave a comment PLEASE leave an email address so we can contact you.  Or use the email blog author link.

Hypernova – If you can email me that would be preferred, thanks.

4. Kathy Jacobs says:

Think you know how to reach me, but just in case…. kathy at vitamin ch dot com

5. Fabio says:

My notes are a complete mess! This only happens with long handwritten notes, and I'm experiencing frequent freezes as well.

lupo_della_steppa at hotmail.com

6. sweil says:

I'd like to test this for both Tablet ink as well as ink we import from our Adapx paper notebooks.

Thanks, Steve

steve dot weil at adapx dot com

7. Kay says:

I really like using OneNote. It's one of my most used applications.

Is it possible for the save-to-pdf feature to create bookmarks based on the sections and subsections?  If not, this would be a great feature!

I have hundreds of pages of notes and navigating them without a bookmark structure is not fun.  If I change something and have to re-convert my notes to pdf, then I have to do the bookmarking all over again.

Keep up the good work.

8. Leeder says:

Been suffering this problem, but only noticed it after moving from 2010 beta to purchased version. Undo puts ink back where it was.

Reckon I can reproduce symptoms so if you want it checked out please …

junkmail at leeders dot com

9. Shawn Moffit says:

I've got this problem…. along with the issue of one note turning all my ink into cryptic jagged text…

connect.microsoft.com/…/inking-pen-use-produces-choppy-jagged-messy-text-which-should-be-smooth

10. Akhna says:

I've had this problem for a while doing math in OneNote 2010, it'd be great to test the fix.

naxicasa at gmail (dot com)

11. Ray says:

I live by my data in OneNote and I am prepared to assist to resolve this issue as well.  ray dot roche at bigpond dor com.

12. David C says:

I've had this problem for 6 months now and am seriously considering getting rid of my tablet as a result. Please let me beta test this!

13. Gilberto Straniero says:

I can only avoid this bug using the pen mode "just draw".

I will be very glad to try the beta fix…

pzk

at

email.it

14. Jacob C says:

When will this patch be ready? I'm fighting a battle against OneNote daily to keep my notes readable, and I often lose.

15. Prof says:

I'm glad that you're working on this! I've sadly had to abandon OneNote for Journal. Best of luck!

16. wtablet says:

Help me I am having this issue!!!!

walter at ma dot_ rr dot_ com

17. Paul says:

Will there be a public release? When? Will the update be rolled out via a Windows update?

18. Sanjay Shetty says:

Really interested in this fix as well… let me know if you have a fix!

shetty AT Hotmail

19. Tim Holman says:

OneNote 2010 has become a nightmare for me because of this bug.  My equations and drawings are constantly shifting around the page.  Straight horizontal lines seem to move about the most.  It happens inconsistently, and only to one or two pages at a time.

Please get this fix out the door ASAP!

20. Jonathan says:

Please please please release this asap! Any feedback from Microsoft as to when would be greatly appreciated.

21. Bryan says:

Hey how about an update? Its 2011 and this problem is still here.

22. Pic says:

Any progress on that fix? When will it be ready cause I need it!

My note summary got messed up just before my exam last week. I had to switch on pen and paper and was 45 min. late at my exam.

I will have to switch to another note taking program if I cannot rely on OneNote.

23. Pic says:

I've found another post on this bug which is more up to date. Search in MSDN for John Guin's blog or follow this link : blogs.msdn.com/…/fix-for-ink-moving-and-shifting-bug.aspx

24. ofis center says: