I wanted to point out a few links for all of the SharePoint admins & deployment folks out there:
- Co-authoring overview (SharePoint Server 2010)
- Co-authoring administration (SharePoint Server 2010)
- Configure versioning for co-authoring (SharePoint Server 2010)
- Configure the co-authoring versioning period (SharePoint Server 2010)
- Configure the maximum number of co-authoring authors (SharePoint Server 2010)
- Disable co-authoring (SharePoint Server 2010)
In particular for OneNote I wanted to point out these tips:
Unlike Microsoft Word and Microsoft PowerPoint, Microsoft OneNote stores version information within the file itself. For this reason, administrators should follow these recommended practices when storing OneNote notebooks in a SharePoint Server document library:
- Do not enable minor versioning. This is the default setting in SharePoint Server 2010.
- If major versioning is enabled, set a reasonable maximum number of versions to store. By default, major versioning is not enabled in SharePoint Server 2010.
If you have questions please let us know!