Wow it is amazing how many people are talking about OneNote, thanks for the comments/suggestions/feedback/etc. Thanks Mike!
Love and Affection
- "Take the Office creators, especially the OneNote team, give them a gigantic raise and have them train others at MS on how to do things really right, and do it right almost the first time out the door."
- "I started making full use of One Note. I find it to be one of the most usefully applications I have ever used. "
- It’s OneNote 2007. Dude, that’s an awesome piece of software on the earth. It makes Windows distinguish from others indeed, at least for me. That’s only a few programs that are not cross-platform I use but now I can’t live without it.
- How the heck did I survive without OneNote up until now? It is amazing!
- my OneNote program, which I think has to be the greatest invention ever. When I do sit down to write, I usually put on the soundtrack I’ve made for the book. And yes, at first it’s only a few songs over and over again, LOL.
- If you don't know I am a HUGE OneNote fan and have converted countless people from using Notepad, Notepad2, Word, paper, you name
- I came across Microsoft OneNote and it’s a pretty slick product. Has a lot of the features of a typical word processor but really helps to keep things organized, in the form of notebooks and pages.
- The machine comes with Microsoft’s OneNote, it makes the tablet ROCK!
- I have to say that OneNote is an awesome program and that the LE1600 is a wonderful tool for lecturing on math. The kids love it, I love it. Frankly, it’s awesome. I will go into detail later. But it’s very easy to use and very intuitive–almost organic. I really can’t say enough good about it.
- Product Review - Microsoft OneNote 2007 - Good for GTD Application
- PS I love OneNote, I have never loved any software the way that I love this thing
- OneNote: a hidden Microsoft Office gem: Last week I discovered Microsoft OneNote 2007, and I am (honestly) impressed. Actually, the first time I ever heard of OneNote was when I read the FAQ of InkSeine.
Don't Dig MS, But Dig OneNote
- You may become quite attached to a Windows application or two and decide that Apple doesn't have a comparable equivalent. Apple is well known for creating user-friendly applications, but for Keanini, Microsoft has a lead with at least one program: OneNote
Personas and Scenarios
- Here’s my list of five tools and techniques that I foresee going the way of the slide rule (in order of obsolescence): School Supplies: Tools like OneNote mean no more finger-pinching binders, colored tab dividers, tattered notebooks, or missing pens, pencils, or highlighters. If it’s digital, it goes into the electronic organizer.
- OneNote Cross Border Curriculum Sharing Project - It is the intention of the project for 1 school in Northern Ireland and 1 school in the Republic of Ireland to deliver the same curriculum content at the same time to the same age group of students. One class in each school will deliver the coursework using Microsoft OneNote on a mix of laptops and UMPCs.
- "Microsoft’s School’s Technology Innovation Centre Manager Tom Jackson added, ”When I was considering what school I wanted to approach to participate in this Microsoft OneNote project. The feedback from teachers and students (at Wallace School) alike shows that Microsoft OneNote is a powerful and important learning tool.”"
- Do I think we will ever truly be paperless? Probably not, but our Tablet students will utilize OneNote and several electronic texts. They will have one small three-ring binder for any/all resources that are not digitized.
- I read most of my class materials in PDF. I use Microsoft OneNote to record my thoughts while reading, my thoughts from class. I have folders on my desktop for each of my courses and each of my projects. My academic life essentially happens on this screen.
- I’ve been meaning to write my thoughts on OneNote for a few months now. I’ve been using OneNote to keep myself organized through a hectic semester at UMass Lowell, and it has been a God-send... OneNote’s use of notebooks, subjects and pages is very effective because we have all used the paper forms of these instruments.
- As the course progresses I realize that there are two half of the semesters are generally different. So in the beginning I start off with no section groups, and then midway I create a section group to classify the different halves of the semester.
- Microsoft Office 2007, which is now available for faculty and staff, comes with a new program called OneNote. OneNote is a versatile note taking program that integrates with other office programs. While it is most often associated with Tablet PCs, it can also be used on a regular pc. However, you will not be able to use the inking features without a tablet.
- All High School students are given the same tools whether they are at home or school, allowing them to work anywhere. Less paper needed now that we have switched to a tablet program, taking advantage of Microsoft OneNote and digital submissions.
- "History teacher Neil Armstrong went on, “Our AS History students have had the opportunity to use the latest Ultra Mobile Personal Computers (UMPC), supplied by Intel and Samsung, to facilitate their learning through the Microsoft OneNote Program"
- "One thing that significantly enhances the usability and experience of the X60 is OneNote 07. This program is a godsend for people in meetings. "
- There used to be a problem here at work. We didn't managed to share documents properly. We tried lots of methods, till we finally checked OneNote. You can easily tag information, and search for this quickly, and can even insert printouts into notebooks.
- Five Applications That Will Make Your Business Plan More Useful: Microsoft OneNote
- MultiTaskingMama: "I keep mentioning how I use Microsoft OneNote to people, and they keep asking about it. I use this program for personal, business and school. I have recipes from blogs, and the blogs noted. Any sewing ideas or blog ideas have their own little spot in my notebooks.
- The abletFactory is pleased to announce the release of its latest product, OneNote2007 EMR Suite. Benefits:Streamline patient visit, Better patient communication, Increase the accuracy of documentation, Improves medication management, Enhance patient care, Reduce transcription costs, Reduces chart pulls, Reduce pharmacy callbacks
- OneNote is a true "killer application", especially for driving enthusiasts. Look over my prior Microsoft blog postings, or especially at this one where OneNote and a TabletPC is used to record track tips right on a map of the track.
- New King James Version for OneNote 2007 Available: Each book in the Bible is a separate OneNote section, with each chapter in the book belonging to a page within that section. Using the built-in functionality of OneNote 2007, you can insert your own ink notes,view the Bible text
Room for Improvement
- I would like to request three features for future releases of OneNote:
- It would help to be able to select and copy specific text within an image rather than being forced to copy all of the text on a page.
- The program badly needs a find/replace function;
- Along the same lines, a batch-hyperlinking command would be very useful to enable the user to associate a specific URL with each instance of (or selected instances of) a search term without having to manually find each term and hyperlink it; and
- Why not just give it the same view/sort functionality that's in Outlook 2007? that works reasonably well and would be a great help in OneNote.
- sharing unintuitive and requires firewall setting adjustments. 268Mb download footprint
- When I copy the information it all goes into one cell, like a nested table within a cell, instead of inserting three new rows as part of the same table with the data from above. Does anyone know how to accomplish what should be a simple task?
Snap for Microsoft Office OneNote 2007 (JeffCar): The Microsoft Dynamics Snap for Microsoft Office OneNote 2007 integrates the Microsoft Dynamics CRM system with the note-taking capabilities of OneNote 2007. In today’s business world, collecting customer information is essential to building customer relationships and a sales pipeline. CRM2OneNote provides sales representatives with a streamlined process for capturing, storing, and finding relevant customer notes which can contain images, audio recordings, embedded files, and other rich information.