I heard reports that if you had the new Dell XT Tablet some things in OneNote were not clickable and you were probably having a hard time using OneNote. Whenever you tried to click on something it would end up being a drag action. Well some Devs on the team took a new Dell XT Tablet and debugged it and found out what was going on. The problem is with the NTrig applet which is installed by Dell and during the first couple logons, it sets a bunch of default registry values which causes problems. They have posted a way to fix this, but it modifies the system registry so please take caution before messing with the registry.
- Click Start, Run, type regedit, and click ok (acknowledge the Vista UAC prompt if it comes up).
- In the registry editor, navigate to "Computer\HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Control Panel\Desktop"
- Locate the DragHeight and DragWidth values in the right hand pane
- Select the DragHeight value, click the Edit menu, and select Modify (you can double click as well to modify)
- In the Value Data field, type 4 and click ok. IMPORTANT! You need to do this step even if the registry editor already shows the value as 4!
- Repeat steps 4 and 5 with the DragWidth field.
- Logoff or reboot your computer.
If these steps don’t work for you please let us know in the comments and we will get in touch with you (or just email). Also note that with time a new user is created on the system this tool will run again and you will have to repeat these steps for that profile. We I understand we (Microsoft, not OneNote) is in touch with Dell regarding this issue.
Thanks a bunch Jerry, Jason & Ilya…and I hope this works for everyone else out there! Enjoy the nice new Tablets 🙂