I got an email from a blog reader and I wanted to share my answer with everyone since I don’t think there were any blog post about this. The question was this:
It would be really useful to be able to view two tabs (i.e., notebook sections) side by side on the screen. Sometimes one needs to compare two types of information and this would make it much easier and far more efficient.
I realized that I do this all of the time and I thought I would share my tip with you all, here is how I do it:
- Open OneNote
- Open another window of OneNote, most of you might not know this but you can open multiple OneNote windows, just hit Ctrl-M or look in the Window menu:
- Navigate the two pages to the locations that you want.
- Now that you have two OneNote windows open look on the Windows taskbar and look for the two OneNote windows. While viewing on window of OneNote (in this case page 1) hot Control (CTRL) and right-click on the second OneNote window:
- Choose “Show Windows Side By Side”
- Now you are done! For extra writing area hit F11 on each OneNote window to enter full page view and you will get something like this:
- Just hit F11 to open the full UI again.
This works pretty well and I use this quite often when I am consolidating notes and information. It is great when you have a widescreen monitor (which I am fortunate to have).
Try it out and let me know if you have any comments/suggestions/let me know if you use it often!