InkSeine – Rethink your ink

I wanted to share and interesting research project that the fine folks at Microsoft Research have been working on called InkSeine.  As they say:

InkSeine is a prototype ink application from Microsoft Research.
It is designed from the ground up to have a user interface uniquely tailored to pen input.

I have seen this a couple time at the Microsoft Techfest that Microsoft hosts so employees can see a lot of the cool technology coming from Microsoft Research (here in Redmond, Cambridge UK, India & Asia).  They have taken an interesting twist on using a Tablet with ink, UI interface and search integration.  I would recommend checking it out, you can download it and try it out on your computer.  Also you can check out a video of it in action:

1. Fred says:

Looks nice… Can we expect any of this stuff in the next OneNote?

2. Dave Zimmerman says:

It looks to me like they’re reprising OneNote.  There are some interesting ideas there, but I don’t see the point of a separate product.

3. Greg says:

Yeap, just looks like half of one-note with better ink/gesture support.  These features would do better in one note, imo.

4. Greg says:

5. Feralboy says:

Those of us who have been long-time tablet users and OneNote users deserve to see this integrated into OneNote, as the functionality is brilliant. I know you can’t say if you’re considering this, but tell me anyway!

6. OneDave says:

So, does this Research Team interface with the OneNote Team?  I hope so.  I especially hope that the InkSeine features can be folded into OneNote!  Are they compatible, or are we re-inventing the wheel?

7. OneDave says: