Another set of feedback from Mike that I wanted to share with everyone (if people get tried of this please let me know and I can stop it).
Love and Affection
- This is not an advertisement for Microsoft, it is simply a case of being truly impressed by a product.
- OneNote is awesome - sharing documents with yourself and others
- Seeing the light about OneNote - Been in Paris at a Management Excellence course. All of our group work was on OneNote. Ick! I really HATE OneNote. I don't use a tablet PC so I just didn't "get" it about OneNote- how good it was... But, in the spirit of the event, I started using the pre-populated workbook for the course. Eureka! I'm a convert. Even the guide to OneNote now makes sense.
- So I've been talking to educators in my little frozen corner of the world and they've been telling me about educational hotness that they are using. MS Onenote came up.
- I've noticed that people seem to either be fanatics about using OneNote, or they've never tried it.
- I know a few people who'd kill for onenote for os x
- Man, what a cool program this is. I discovered it when a customer of mine asked me about it. I did some research and realized that it was a program I’ve been wanting for a long time.
- Using OneNote is such a pleasure; I tell people about it all the time. It is so versatile and can contain anything I need in one spot. Thanks for a great product. If you ever want an extra tester, please let me know.
- I love OneNote and I store all kinds of things in it...I decided to move all my OneNote notebooks to a 4 gig USB drive that's attached to my keys... all the notebooks will sync between each PC and the USB drive.
- I downloaded <OneNote> to help my husband figure it out when he got it with MS office home edition for his new laptop. After about 15 minutes, I realized it was going to change my work habits profoundly.
- I added OneNote 2007 recently and it's really been improved -- lots of new features and integration with the other Office 2007 apps and IE to easily move information over to OneNote. OneNote's new indexing and search within images is utterly fantastic.
- WELL I AM IMPRESSED - MICROSOFT ONENOTE: Well I have been working in Microsoft's OneNote quite a bit today -- I am definitely and quickly becoming a convert. I am very impressed with it so far, OneNote is very sophisticated and usable!
- Fed up with the backs of envelopes? Try OneNote instead
Don't Dig MS, But Dig OneNote
- onenote for the mac, or a similar free-canvas type note taker. I've tried every note application, and haven't found one I like as much as (gasp!) onenote.
- I have been using Microsoft products since Windows 1.0 and had been jumping aboard the use other products and open source whenever you can bandwagon to a point. However, IF what I have seen in Office 2007 so far, continues, I won't bother continuing to look to much further for my Office Suite software needs, especially if/when I could have these capabilities in the "cloud".
- OneNote - an unsung hero? Ask most people what's in the Office suite, and they'll be able to tell you about Word, Excel and PowerPoint. And at a push, they'll mention Access, or Publisher. But most people haven't even heard of OneNote, or even tried it. And yet, of all of the Office programmes, it is the one with most untapped potential for education.
Personas and Scenarios
- Last semester I used OneNote's shared sessions as a way for my class to collaborate among groups during an in-class group exercise.
Today in class we learned all about Microsoft OneNote. It was very interesting to learn that you can use it just as an electronic notebook. By using OneNote, you can alleviate all of the other programs you use and keep all information in one place. I think that it will be very interesting learning more about OneNote and is definitely a program I will use in the future.
- Staying In Touch with OneNote: Between the Thanksgiving and Christmas holidays, we had a few Forest Ridge families who traveled to locales that forced their daughters to have to miss a little bit of school. In Cantu's case, she ran her class as she normally did using a common OneNote page shared with the class, except at the beginning of the class she hit the "audio record" button in OneNote. She could, then, send the OneNote page to the absent students and when they opened the OneNote page on their laptops, they could play the audio, which by the way, was also synchronized with all of the tablet and keyboard action during the class.
- Now there's a good way to manage all those recipes torn out of magazines and newspapers or printed out from the Web. That's because without knowing it, Microsoft has created the home cook's dream software.
Room for Improvement
- Thanks Ken. However, I really do not like the Print to Onenote driver. I prefer the Print to Journal driver because of the way that the pages in the document are placed at the bottom of the screen. OneNote just takes up too much real estate.