OneNote Printout Manager

Yet another powertoy written by Jeff Cardon (*applause*) that will help you when you are printing a lot of documents to OneNote.  I will just let his user guide speak for itself:

Installation:

• Download from here: ONPrintManager.zip
  • Run Setup.exe and follow the prompts.
  • Run OneNote and click on the following button:

clip_image002

UI and options:

clip_image002[4]

Preview:

Changes made to any of the settings in the dialog are displayed in the preview pane. The preview pane will display up to 3 images per column. An elipses (...) is used to indicate that additional images may appear beneath the current set of images.

Printout size:

The Printout size slider control can be used to adjust the size of the printouts. The size range can be between 1% and 200%. 100% is the default size.

Printouts per page:

Use the Printouts per page option to specify that you want OneNote Printout Manager to separate a given number of printouts onto separate pages. The printouts per page can range from 1 to 99. When this control is checked, OneNote Printout Manager will create a new subpage after it reaches the image representing the value specified and continue execution. Each subpage will have the title of the original page with a sequential number appended to it. If the original page is untitled, OneNote Printout Manager will attempt to obtain the text inside the first printout on the page and use for the title. See Additional information below.

Set printouts as background:

Use the Set printouts to background option to set the printouts to be background images instead of floating images. When a printout is set to be a background image the printout is anchored to the page and notes can be added on top of the image without it moving or becoming selected.

Columns per page:

Use the Columns per page setting to determine the number of columns per page to organize your printouts in. The printouts are laid out in order from left to right. e.g. printout image #1 will appear in column 1, printout image #2 will appear in column 2, etc. Once the number of columns is reached, OneNote Printout Manager will repeat the process in the next row. e.g. printout image #3 will appear in column 1, printout image #4 will appear in column 2, etc.

Spacing between printouts:

Use the Spacing between printouts setting to specify the amount of space you want OneNote Printout Manager to put between each printout. The amount of space indicated will be used for both horizontal and vertical spacing. The value is expressed in points, where there are 72 points per inch.

Margins:

Use the Margins settings to specify the top and left margins. These values are expressed in points, where there are 72 points per inch.

Save current settings as default:

Use Save current settings as default to remember any changes you make for the next time you run OneNote Printout manager

Additional information.

Undo is not fully supported with this utility. You'll find that making simple sizing, margin, spacing, columns or background changes to the printouts on a single page can be undone. However, organizing printouts onto separate pages cannot be fully undone. Therefore, a mechanism to restore your page to the last state before running the utility is provided using the Restore utility. This utility (restore.exe) is located in the install folder where you initially installed OneNote Printout Manager. You can simply run Restore.exe to restore the original page back to the section you are currently viewing.

This is great for those people who have been asking for this on the newsgroups as well as the many students who use OneNote.  Hope you enjoy and once again thank you to Jeff Cardon who developed & tested this, nice work Jeff!

1. Zowel John als Daniel hebben een post hierover gemaakt op hun blog: Er is nu een Powertoy voor OneNote…

2. This latest powertoy from Jeff Cardon , called OneNote Printout Manager, looks like a winner for those

3. been looking for this for a while!  thanks!

4. jesse says:

It is a decent patch job on the poor built in "send to onenote". It would be great it it didn’t disable searching for text in all the sub pages. Is there an easy way to turn back on make image searchable for text in all the sub pages?

5. CALVARY CHRISTIAN OUTREACH CENTER

6. CALVARY CHRISTIAN OUTREACH CENTER

7. Looks like Jeff Cardon is jumping into the fray with his own blog: OneNote Tips & Tricks .

8. JM says:

It’s a decent hack for the crummy print driver.  It undoes the search text option on the subpages though.  Can it be updated?

9. zach says:

i cant get this to work

please advise

tx

10. Yiam Cross says:

Hi,

I just installed this but the button doesn’t appear when I run onenote. I’ve tried twice now, repairing the installation the second time. It says it’s installed, but as I say, I can’t seem to find any evidence of it in OneNote.

Any ideas?

Nothing in the documentation.

11. Yiam Cross says:

Hi,

Any ideas?

Nothing in the documentation.

12. Bryne says:

"

Hi,

Any ideas?

Nothing in the documentation."

You might want to check and see if you have the Standard Tools selected in the Custom Toolbar menu.

13. ricardo says:

I can’t get this thing to work and there is no troubleshooting guide or anything to it. The icon does show up, but when i click it it grays out, doesn’t do anything and won’t let mt click it again until i close ON and start it back again. PS: I’ve followed the installation steps correctly.

I’m using Onenote 2007 with Windows XP home.

14. Ayelet says:

does the print only work for onenote 2007?

15. Julie says:

I would really appreciate the source code for this if at all possible. It solves a problem for me, and I want to tweak it a little bit for my users.

Thanks,

Julie

julie_m_painter@yahoo.com

16. patel says:

hi,

the phintout manager icon doesn’t show up for me when i use it on a different user. I have uninstalled and reinstalled it for "everyone." I can’t really use it without that icon appearing on the toolbar. how do i make the printout manager icon show up?

17. Steffen says:

"when i hit theone note printout mgr icon it becomes greyed out and no screen like above appears"

I have the same problem. Are there any advices?

18. Kayla says:

Hey,

I am also having the same problem as the last few people who commented are, with the icon turning grey and no box popping up. I would appreciate any advise as I use this appication for college and desperately need to be able to insert my notes properly. Thanks

19. Aphelion says:

Help! I thought I had this powertoy working for ON 2010, but it seems to have gone fubar on me and won't work anymore. Any suggestions?

Comments are closed.