The other day I got an email from a user who had a question:
Do you know of a workaround that would enable me to select a whole bunch of side notes/notes and merge them into one page?
I thought this was a good question and there is no way to do this in OneNote currently, though it is a pretty cool idea. I did share with the user what I do to do this, since I often combine notes just like they mentioned. Since I love the keyboard this is how I do this:
- If you are on a clip and you hit Ctrl-A until you get the whole outline
- Then Ctrl-X to cut it
- Then Ctrl-Shift-A to select the whole page
- Then Del to remove the page
- Then I navigate to the page I want to go to (typically in the same section) so Ctrl-PageUp/Down to move up down the section.
- When I am on the destination page I hit Ctrl-T to move my IP to the title area
- Then I Ctrl-V to paste and since I am in the title area it appends it below all other content on the page.
It works for me and I just wanted to share this with everyone. Hope that helps…take care!