Finally a powertoy that I wrote! This is a small application that I blogged about before where I included the source and rest of the application, but here is the final version of this Send to OneNote from Windows Explorer. Here are the steps to get to a machine near you:
- Install OneNote 2007 + .Net Framework 2.0
- Download the installer from here: SendtoOneNote2007.zip
- Install it!
Now when you right-click on a file in Windows Explorer you will see a new option under the “Send To” menu for OneNote 2007 like this:
Choosing that option will send the file to OneNote as a new page in the Unfiled Notes section, like this:
- You can send more than one file all to the same page.
- You cannot send folders.
- If you select folders + files the files will go into OneNote however the folder will not, you won’t get an error about this.
- If your Unfiled Notes section is password protected or read only you will get an error message that isn’t too pretty.
- You cannot change the destination section, it will always go to the Unfiled Notes section
Download now: SendtoOneNote2007.zip
If you would like to improve anything please go ahead and download the source and modify it as you see fit!
Also a special thanks to Michelle Wong from the Test team who helped find bugs and test our my powertoy, *tips hat*
If you have problems/questions please use the comments below to chat with me.