Incase you all haven’t heard there will be an update to the Office 2007 Beta2 suite, it will be called B2TR == Beta2 Technical Refresh. You can more information about it here:
- Microsoft Readies New Office 2007 Beta Updates
- Microsoft Readies New Office 2007 Beta Updates (eWeek & Mary Jo Foley)
- Deployed a pilot of WSS V3 or Office SharePoint Server 2007 Beta 2 and plan to upgrade? Pay attention…
It will be a patch install, see here:
For the millions that have installed the beta 2 bits please pay attention.
1. The upgrade path to RTM will be beta 2 –> beta 2 Technical Refresh –> RTM. I know you have probably heard me say this but I thought I would write it down (…in case I forget). NOTE: beta 2 installs MUST upgrade to beta 2 TR. Said another way, there won’t be a supportable path directly from beta 2 to RTM.
2. Beta 2 TR will be released as a patch to beta 2. Therefore, for those 2 or 3 folks that haven’t installed beta 2 because you are waiting for beta 2 TR, well guess what, you’ll need to install beta 2 anyway and then apply the beta 2 TR patch.
3. Upgrading to RTM will require an uninstall of beta 2 TR, and a registry key modification prior to installing the RTM bits.
I wanted to give you all an update and I also wanted to tell you all that search will be much improved in this next release and of course you can expect that Windows Desktop Search 3.0 Preview will be improve too. We are even adding a new task pane to help you see the indexing status:
You can get to it from here:
Sorry about the image quality, the bugs of using Windows Live Writer (overall it rocks, just this minor image bug)
This should help with all of those people who were having problems with Windows Desktop Search 3.0 Preview which has gotten much better.