Click your way to great Silverlight charts [Live ChartBuilder sample and source code!]

This blog has moved to a new location and comments have been disabled.

All old posts, new posts, and comments can be found on The blog of dlaa.me.

See you there!

1. In this issue: Jeff Handley, David Anson, Jafar Husain, Justin Angel, Beatriz Stollnitz, Scott Barnes

2. davidjjon77 says:

Hi David,

This is a very nice tool – thank you for sharing the source code.

David Roh

3. unruledboy says:

we should improve the silverlight chart by learning this good one: http://www.visifire.com/

4. Just arrived back home from a great few days down at PDC in LA.  What a fun show to be at – even

5. Thimp says:

thanks for the great example and the great tool! A hint for with developers using other cultures: The XAML writer uses a obj.ToString() method that does not use the invariant culture:

In page.xaml.cs line 236:

writer.WriteElementString(obj.GetType().Name, systemNamespace, obj.ToString());

That can pose a problem since the sys:double element in the resulting xaml contains an invalid value 2,33333 instead of 2.3333

change the line to somthing like:

string.Format(CultureInfo.InvariantCulture, "{0}", obj) and you’ll be ok.

6. Delay says:

Thimp,

Thank you very much for pointing this out! I did a full Code Analysis pass quite a few times during ChartBuilder development, but obviously missed this instance. I always try to support culture settings other than my own, and I’ve added this to my list of things to fix. As it happens, someone else reported an issue that could be due to the same problem, so it would be great to solve both problems at once! :)

Thanks again for the help!!

7. First, let me remind you that in my new ongoing quest to read source code to be a better developer ,

8. ASPInsiders says:

9. It’s been nearly two weeks since the Silverlight Toolkit’s November release . I’ve been trying to keep

10. Delay's Blog says:

The December 08 release of the Silverlight Toolkit was published a short while ago. Just about every

11. Delay's Blog says:

In yesterday’s announcement of the December 08 release of Charting for Silverlight , I outlined some

12. Delay's Blog says:

It’s been a couple of months since I shared my semi-comprehensive page of Charting resources on the web

13. BabySmash says:

14. En el blog de Felix Wang , he encontrado este artículo donde se agrupan una colección de

15. Delay's Blog says:

We’ve just published the March 09 release of the Silverlight Toolkit and I bet there’s something in there

16. Delay's Blog says:

In yesterday’s announcement of the March 09 release of the Silverlight Toolkit and Silverlight Charting

17. It’s been a while since the March 09 release of the Silverlight Toolkit – and even longer since I last

18. Raheel says:

i download it but chartbuileder sl unavailable

Comments are closed.