Time for a little fun and games (Silverlight helps play Sudoku!)

This blog has moved to a new location and comments have been disabled.

All old posts, new posts, and comments can be found on The blog of dlaa.me.

See you there!

SilverlightSudokuHelper.png

1. Delay’s Blog has the entry Time for a little fun and games (Silverlight helps play Sudoku!)

2. Delay's Blog has the entry Time for a little fun and games (Silverlight helps play Sudoku!)

3. WynApse says:

Silverlight Cream for August 22, 2007 – Part 2

4. Evangineer says:

BUGBUG: If playing in Internet Explorer 7 with tabs… the ctrl-# function to italicize a guess gets nabbed by the browser.  So if you have 4 tabs open, you can’t guess 1,2,3, or 4.

5. Evangineer says:

After poking around a bit more, there is one more caveat.  In the example given (4 tabs open), you can’t guess the numbers 1-4 is almost correct. You can guess the number of the tab displaying the SudokuHelper.

6. Delay says:

Evangineer,

Yep, I bumped into this myself during development and spent a bit of time trying to come up with a scheme that wouldn’t conflict with any of the possible web browsers (no luck). Because I didn’t want to get into Alt vs. Meta key issues and I’d already given Shift over to bolding the givens, Ctrl was all that was left for italicizing guesses without resorting to the F1-F9 function keys (which have their own issues). As you point out, IE7 uses Ctrl+# to switch among web page tabs, so there’s a potential for conflict. The simple workaround I use is to run the Sudoku helper in its own IE window (i.e., without other tabs open). If you or others have suggestions for better key combinations, I’m happy to consider them as well. :)

7. Here is the latest in my link-listing series . Also check out my ASP.NET Tips, Tricks and Tutorials page

8. Here is the latest in my link-listing series . Also check out my ASP.NET Tips, Tricks and Tutorials page

9. Here is the latest in my link-listing series . Also check out my ASP.NET Tips, Tricks and Tutorials page

10. ASP.NET says:

11. August 30th Links: ASP.NET, ASP.NET AJAX, IIS7, Visual Studio, Silverlight, .NET(ScottGu’s Blog) より 面白そうなアプリケーションがいくつか紹介されていました。 いま W-ZERO3 の細い回線なのでまだダウンロードしていませんが…

12. Silverlight 1.0 officially released

13. ASPInsiders says:

14. Blogs says:

Wow, I didn't see this coming. ( That's a lie, I totally saw it coming and have been saying it