Script combining made better [Overview of improvements to the AJAX Control Toolkit’s ToolkitScriptManager]

This blog has moved to a new location and comments have been disabled.

All old posts, new posts, and comments can be found on The blog of dlaa.me.

See you there!

1. LA.NET [EN] says:

And it seems like it solves some of the issues i've mentioned before and brings improves to other

2. fmarguerie says:

Thank you! Much better solution.

Thank you for providing script combining altogether.

3. Last week the ASP.NET AJAX Control Toolkit team released Build 10618 of the ASP.NET AJAX Control Toolkit

4. ASP.NET says:

5. Last week the ASP.NET AJAX Control Toolkit team released Build 10618 of the ASP.NET AJAX Control Toolkit.

6. links says:

http://weblogs.asp.net/scottgu/archive/2007/06/25/updated-asp-net-ajax-control-toolkit-release-and-new-asp-net-ajax-videos-articles.aspx Updated ASP.NET AJAX Control Toolkit Release and New ASP.NET AJAX Videos/Articles Last week the ASP.NET AJAX Control

7. 拾荒时代 says:

浏览器 UpdatedASP.NETAJAXControlToolkitReleaseandNewASP.NETAJAXVideos/Articles …

8. This is probably already well known and well documented, but I still occasionally see people bemoaning

9. rox19840702 says:

10. GilesHinton says:

Hi,

I’ve recently upgraded from Version 1.0.10618.0 to the latest ASP.Net 2.0 version of the toolkit (Version 1.2.0229 if I’ve got it right!).

With the previous version of the toolkit, everything worked perfectly, and my scripts were combined properly.

Unfortunately, with the latest version, I’ve noticed that whilst the initial load of the page combines the script files properly, following any AJAX asynchronous postback, I get a Sys.ScriptLoadFailedException JavaScript exception saying the ScriptManager can’t load the script:

e.g. /MyApp/Page.aspx?

_TSM_HiddenField_=sm_HiddenField&_TSM_CombinedScripts_=%3b%3bWeb%3aen-US%3acfbff61f-f484-45e0-8c5b-07edc64cb9ab%3a8da9c810%3bAjaxControlToolkit%2c+Version%3d1.0.20229.16575%2c+Culture%3dneutral%2c+PublicKeyToken%3d28f01b0e84b6d53e%3aen-US%3aedadbfc1-89e6-4fc6-9f7b-7f2306bf5c53%3a2d0cbeda’ could not be loaded

Any ideas what could be causing this?

I’m referencing the AjaxControlToolkit project directly, but have been unable so far to ascertain exactly where it’s tripping up – I’m going to take a look at the client side exception shortly to see if that sheds any light on this…

Hope you can help.

11. GilesHinton says:

Please discard the last comment – it would appear this is a known issue with Script Combining with the latest version of the toolkit that was reported on codeplex in Oct 2007.

Surprised this hasn’t been addressed yet…

12. Delay says:

Giles,

Sorry for the trouble! I’ll send an email in a moment to make sure the relevant folks know about the issue. At this point, Bertrand Le Roy (http://weblogs.asp.net/bleroy/) is probably your best contact if you need to follow up further. Thanks very much for your patience and help here!

13. TristanIce says:

Hi,

I have a small question about ToolkitScriptManager.CombineScriptsHandlerUrl.

I used this property ToolkitScriptManager.CombineScriptsHandlerUrl to point to CombineScriptsHandler.ashx from sample web site provided with toolkit. The problem is that it wont cache, the handler always returns http status 200 OK.

What am I missing?

Thanks.

14. Delay says:

TristanIce,

Sorry for the trouble! Unfortunately, my knowledge of the latest AJAX Control Toolkit releases is out of date. Bertrand (see my comment/pointer above) is probably your best bet for this question.

Hope this helps!