Whenever a new version of a business solution is introduced (such as Microsoft Dynamics AX 2012 R3), it's a double-edged sword. Developers receive valuable enhancements, yet there is a learning curve as they transition from their previous version.
In August, 2014, MS Press published “Inside Microsoft Dynamics AX 2012 R3,” which is designed to help ease this learning curve. This book is the latest edition in the popular “Inside” series, has been updated for Dynamics AX 2012 R3.
Whether you are a developer who is just learning or an experienced developer who wants to delve deeply "under the hood", this book will give you lots of detailed information. For example, new developers can benefit from a comprehensive tour of the development environment, and experienced developers can find detailed information about performance tuning and how to deploy and customize the prebuilt BI solution that is included with the product.
With “Inside Microsoft Dynamics AX 2012 R3,” you can get an insider’s view of the developer toolset and runtime in Dynamics AX 2012 R3:
- Dig into the architecture and internals—with firsthand insights from the team that designed and developed it.
- Deepen your knowledge of the underlying frameworks, components, and tools—and deliver custom ERP applications with the extensibility and performance that your business needs.
Useful for solution developers of all levels, this guide will provide maximum benefit to those who understand OOP, relational databases, and Transact-SQL concepts. “Inside Microsoft Dynamics AX 2012 R3” offers comprehensive developer information in a single place, in addition to content you won’t find anywhere else.
You will also learn best practices and techniques to:
- Work effectively with MorphX tools and X++ code
- Use LINQ to access and manipulate data via managed code
- Plan and customize your reporting and prebuilt BI solutions
- Know how AX 2012 implements security, licensing, and configuration
- Implement process automation, including batch jobs and print management
- Test and optimize application performance
- Delve deeper into application frameworks and models
- Develop mobile apps for AX 2012
To get a preview of the book, check out the sample chapters at the MS Press Store and click the Sample Content to view “Developing companion apps for AX 2012 R3” and “The MorphX development environment and tools.” The book is available for purchase from retailers.
For more information about this book and other Microsoft Press news, see the Microsoft Press blog.
If you are evaluating Dynamics AX 2012 R3 and want to see a comprehensive overview of all new and updated features, see “What’s new in Microsoft Dynamics AX 2012 R3”.