After only six months in Seattle, I’ve decided to return to Florida to work as a Developer Evangelist apprentice (read: coffee monkey) under Joe Healy. Sure, it was an expensive move and everything, and moving back is really hard on my family, but Seattle has proven to be just too rainy for me.
It was fun while it lasted, I guess. I’m just excited to be heading back to Florida, a state I love more than any other state in the world.
Here are just a few of the things I missed about living in rural Florida:
- You could get anywhere in under an hour (and usually over 45 minutes)
- An Italian restaurant on every corner
- A Dunkin Donuts on every corner and in every gas station
- Old people on every corner, every gas station and in every grocery store
- Homeownership and mowing the lawn in the summertime!
To all my Tampa peeps, I’m sure you’re glad to be getting me back.
Check back tomorrow for more information on my new role.
UPDATE: This was an April Fools joke. Most of you NOT on my team fell for it