As promised at GDC 2008, the XNA team has released two major components today in their pursuit to democratize game development (read: more resources for you, and get your games on Xbox Live!)
First, the Community Games on Xbox Live program is now in beta. Secondly, the new Creators Club web site is up and better than ever!
Here are some details of the launch.
- Premium members can submit and peer-review community games, and distribute them via Xbox Live Marketplace (details). Gameplay is currently limited to US only for this beta.
- Basic membership no longer requires a Gamertag.
- Better overall site navigation and categorization
- A new Role-Playing Game starter kit!
- Guided tours of the website and new features