What Do You Want To Learn?

Do you have a burning desire to learn how to do something with one of our Microsoft products? I’m trying to decide what to show you next. A few things that are on my mind:

• Silverlight
  • Visual Studio 2008
  • Expression Design
  • Expression Blend
  • Windows Live platform stuff
  • AJAX
  • Popfly

These are just some ideas. I would prefer to show you how to build something with our next-generation Web technology.

Please reply by leaving a comment on this blog – I will choose the next webcast and announce it on Monday, February 19!

This is your chance to get personalized training that you can’t get anywhere else, so take advantage and leave your comment today.

1. Syed Qasim Ali says:

Dear Sir,

i want to learn VC++,my aim is to control different

types of Motors for example motor running a pump

which is pumping water in a tank and i can see on the PC screen if the motor is working and if the tank is getting filled with water.

If you have some suggestion how i can start to learn this language or if you think that i can reach my aim by learning

please advise

Sincerely yours

Syed Qasim Ali

2. Mel says:

I am trying to learn how to make a game in Visual Web Developer for a site i am making for my brother, and i have no idea even where to start.  Could someone help me?

3. Garry Trinder says:

I vote for Windows live and silverlight..though i may be a bit biased being a windows live mvp 😉

But you could do some windows live, using vs08 and ajax integrated with silverlight..that would be very cool 🙂

4. Vando Pereira says:

Expression Design or Expression Blend please;)

5. Stanley says:

Well I havn’t looked into Popfly yet, so I am not sure what that is; however, I would like to see something along the lines fo using VS2k8, building a website that integrates both Silverlight and Ajax. I am working on learning both to integrate into a new education site.

6. Leo says:

SilverLight, hands down!

Thanks for your continuing efforts.

7. Kenny Spade says:

I’d really like to see some more information on Silverlight. I’ve played with it to the point where I am fairly comfortable with it, but I’m sure that it can do things that I haven’t discovered yet. Coupling the talk with something on Expression would be great, because I haven’t got a chance to play with that much at all.

8. Kevin Salicos says:

I came here for the excellent tutorial on XNA/Mod Tool integration, and so my interests would be directed towards either expanding on what you covered in that tutorial, or showing how to do similar tasks using DX10 in VS2008.  It seems that at least some degree of knowledge of HLSL is required to do anything but the most basic tasks in XNA/DirectX, but there is a dearth of tutorials geared towards beginners in that language.

I looked over the web tools you listed and didn’t see anything that really seemed useful to me, so my alternative suggestion is to do a project that shows why someone would want to use those tools, such as illustrating the advantages of Silverlight over Flash, or Expression over Illustrator.  Perhaps I’m not even making the right parallels, but to me those tools aren’t at all interesting, because I already have tools that do the jobs those products seem geared towards.

9. Game Theory says:

Well, the response from the contact form and the blog comments to my original post was pretty overwhelming.

10. buzzeled developer says:

Hello there , thanx for your offer , i really want to be a developer any (web or desktop or game) i have dozens of learning resources but i feel like handcapped person i feel that ican do nothing ..plz in your posting refere to how to be a developer ..what tools i should focus on …what tutorials will help me to be a developer Not wasting my time …her you are my e-mail address

thanx in advance