Dream Up A Cool Windows Azure App And We'll Help Make It Happen (prizes possible too - enter by 22 May 2011)
Local legend and colleague Shashank Pawar publishes SQL Server as a Service/ SQL Server Private Cloud Offering
Readiness & Resources:
- Windows Azure
Introduction: Tim Buntel's WebDU 2011 Presentation slides (Nice!)
- SQL Azure
"testing Windows Azure and SQL Azure readiness "
"Migrate your existing applications to Windows Azure without writing any code"
- Rock Paper Azure Crazy additive and good learning at the same time
Win prizes or compete in the open rounds
- Hosting a Silverlight Application Through the Windows Azure CDN
- Things You Can Do with Windows Azure
- Authentication and Authorization with the Azure Access Control Service
- Adding Internet Identity Providers to your MVC web application using ACS and jQuery in 3 steps
- Establishing Remote Desktop to Windows Azure Instance - Part 1
In the news:
- Microsoft opens Office 365 beta floodgates to the world
- Microsoft to move its CRM and ERP wares to the Windows Azure cloud
- Windows Azure CDN for IIS Smooth Streaming
- Windows Azure Traffic Manager CTP is live. Read more here: Windows Azure Traffic Manager
The Traffic Manager supports various load balancing techniques for allocating traffic to hosted services.
- round robin
- Justin Smith on the Release of Access Control Service 2.0
- Windows Azure Benefits for MSDN: New and improved
- Windows Azure AppFabric Caching availability announced
- Readify have an Intro to Azure day in Sydney on 9 May - $165 gets you refreshments, lunch and 8 hours of Azure
- FREE WEBCAST May 13, 2011: Windows Azure Deep Dive on Windows Azure Data Storage and Compute Services
- Become a fan: www.facebook.com/windowsazure (Azure Facebook Toolkit)
- Add yourself to my Azure Australia Twitter list
- Watch CloudCast - episode 3 coming soon
- Coming soon: Azure Meet up (lets go singular)
Check out the WW Partner Conference for winners of:
Q: Project Velocity and Windows Azure Cache - are they the same?
A: No, but they share some of the same "DNA" (More on Caching in Azure here)
Velocity was the code name for a distributed cache platform for in-memory caches spread across multiple systems. It is now incorporated as the caching element of Microsoft's AppFabric.
The Windows Server AppFabric is a free download I believe for Windows Server 2008 and Windows Server 2008 R2
General landing page
Developer guide to caching
Want more answers? See the forums