Readiness & Resources:
- Windows Azure
Grant Holliday (Aussie) IntelliTrace for Azure without Visual Studio
- SQL Azure
“transforming the company into one of the major cloud services providers in Australia”
- Subscribe to :
ManageAxis by Cumulux – which provides application monitoring and “auto scaling” of Azure services
- Integrating SharePoint Server List Data and Windows Phone 7 Using the Windows Azure AppFabric Service Bus
- Building a halfway house to the cloud
- Will technology solve latency in DCs?: Fujitsu Develops High-Speed Transceiver Circuit
- NOW AVAILABLE: CTP of the Windows Azure Starter Kit for #Java
- The Windows Azure CDN now has 24 nodes - latest is Doha (the capital city of the state of Qatar)\
- Why Choose SQL Azure over Amazon RDS - "Its NOT a server hosting model"
IDC Cloud for Business Conference on the 3rd of March where Microsoft will be a Platinum Sponsor. Venue: Shangri-La Hotel, Sydney
Cloud Computing Forum – Run by Orion VM (Sheng Yeo) First Friday in March (see website)
- Azure ISV Acceleration Labs pencilled in for 28th-30th March – more details to follow
Want answers? See the forums
Edited but not yet published: CloudCast - an audio series featuring myself, Rab Thynne, Tom Hollander and Michael Rosic
Coming in March: Azure Meetups!
Quick questions about the Service Bus
Q: Is the Windows Azure platform AppFabric and the AppFabric Controller the same?
A: No. The Fabric Controller is an internal system used by Windows Azure to provision, monitor, and manage services that run in Windows Azure.
Q: How do I access the service bus?
A: The Service bus provides a mapping from URI to services
Q: Is queuing in the service bus?
A: No. Queuing is provided via Windows Azure Storage
Q: What's coming for the Service Bus?
A: Service Bus Enhancements (CTP at PDC) – enhanced to add durable messaging support, load balancing for services, and an administration protocol
Q: Is the service bus the same service bus as available through BizTalk?
A: No. There share some heritage but the implementation in this version is much simpler and more protocol oriented
Q: In a multicast scenario how many listeners can I have?
A: 20 concurrent listeners (this limitation is subject to change).
Q: How is the service bus priced?
Costs for the Service Bus are related to the number of simultaneous open connections (service bus end points) per day during a billing period.
This is consistent with the no-use no charge policy in the rest of Windows Azure.