MCS and partners build government pledge site on Windows Azure:
- How to Enable File Share with Azure VM
- Dynamic Scaling in Windows Azure Revisited
- Windows Azure Connect and Azure AppFabric
- Case study:
- Competition: download the free Practice Fusion medical research dataset online and answer a pressing healthcare question by Feb 28th 2011
- Watch Career Factor, A New Reality Show That Follows 9 IT Personalities As They Advance Their Careers on Windows Azure
- General news:
- Windows Azure platform Acceleration Technical Training Tour – Sydney (February 2-3)
- Azure BizSpark Startup Camp – Melbourne 4th –6th February
- Like Azure? …become a fan: www.facebook.com/windowsazure (Azure Facebook Toolkit)
- Want answers. See the forums
- Coming in March – Azure Meetup – watch this newsletter for more information coming soon (March!)
January/February community web cast boot camps
- 01/24: MSDN Webcast: Azure Boot Camp: Diagnostics and Service Management
- 01/31: MSDN Webcast: Azure Boot Camp: SQL Azure
- 02/07: MSDN Webcast: Azure Boot Camp: Connecting with AppFabric
- 02/14: MSDN Webcast: Azure Boot Camp: Cloud Computing Scenarios
Q: What’s the difference between CTP 1 and CTP2
A: CTP 1 was focused on synchronisation between SQL Azure databases. CTP 2 provides automation and tools for the synchronisation of on premise SQL Server databases. Both use the Sync Framework. It was possible to synchronise on premise Sql Server previously but it was very manual.
Q: Where can I find an introduction to Windows Azure Data Sync CTP2?
Q: How do I go about synchronising large database to SQL Azure?
A: Read more here
Q: Can I synchronise columns only?
A: Yes – programmatically