Windows Azure BootCamp (MSDN Webcast)
- Case study:
MAP Toolkit v5.5 Beta – plan for Windows and SQL Azure
- Events Azure Discovery Days – Melbourne and Sydney this week
- Troubleshooting Azure Deployments
- Some musings on learning Azure
- David Chappell talks HPC and Windows Azure
Windows Azure is a cloud operating system. What does that mean?
Q: How does SQL Azure differ from competitors?
This week I have listed a few security questions for SQL Azure:
- Q: Can my SQL queries be encrypted between client and server
A: All communications between SQL Azure Database and your application require encryption (SSL) at all times
- Q: Can I use a firewall with SQL Azure?
A: SQL Azure maintains a firewall for the SQL Azure servers, preventing anyone from connecting to your server if you do not give their client IP address access(Video: http://blogs.msdn.com/b/sqlazure/archive/2010/06/09/10021739.aspx)
- Q: What do I need to do make SQL Azure queries accessible outside my organization
A: The customer should allow outbound TCP/1433 traffic to SQL Azure