My friend from Object Consulting, Kar Chew Lim, hit me with an email today about the September CTP WinFx build order. So it was time to get into the lab and get the recipe down!
Start with a clean machine (one without any of the Beta or CTP bits)
Install Visual Studio 2005 Beta 2 (the September CTP WinFx goodies don’t run on VSTS RC0)
- Install the WinFX Sept CTP Runtime Components
- Install the WinFX Sept CTP SDK
- Install the WinFX Sept CTP Extensions for Visual Studio
Now, this will get you going for WinPF and WinCF.
If you want to get stuck into WinWF and LINQ, then go on with these steps:
- Install the C# LINQ Tech Preview and/or Install the VB LINQ Tech Preview
- Install the XLing Hands-on Lab Exercises
And finally, should you want to get stuck into WinFS, then:
Phew! Now if I can just find my trusty afro wig! Enjoy you’ll 😉