I wanted to add a new feature in my Windows Server 2008 but had problems when viewing the server management console:
"Server Manager encountered an unexpected error while collecting data about the status of this computer" when clicking in the detail link it said something like
"Cannot open an anonymous level security token. (Exception from HRESULT: 0x80070543)"
I have encountered this error a couple of times . I guess it is some configuration it gets changed when installing some products.
I tried many diagnostic tools and un/reinstalling some KB hotfixes that some forums recommended, I also installed the SP2 but at the end the solution was simpler (at least for my case) (extracted from http://social.technet.microsoft.com/Forums/en-US/winservermanager/thread/f80a52fc-b022-4dd4-af35-621f1e7fe67c/#page:1):
From an elevated* cmd window run:
*Or click through the UAC prompt
2. Choose ComponentServices->Computers->My Computer.
3. Choose Properties from the context menu.
4. Choose the Default Properties tab.
5. Select Connect in the Default Authentication Level drop down list if it is set to None. Choose OK, confirm selection in popup and close dcomcnfg.exe.
6. If the authentication level is not set to None, don't change it, since it may have been set by something else (such as an Admin).