You can make template pages in OneNote with background images so that you can always have new pages that look just how you want them to. It can be a little confusing as to how to do this. Here’s some instructions below from a mail I sent a user.
Here are the steps.
- Create a new page
- Put the picture that you want to be the background on the page (not in an outline but directly on the page).
- When you paste the picture on the page it will default to being in an outline
- Drag it out of the outline (grab the four way handle to the left of the picture and drag it out onto the page surface outside the outline)
- Move the picture or resize it on the page to get it where you want
- Configure and arrange whatever other content you want on the page
- Right click the picture – choose “Set Picture as Background” (although depending on your purpose you may not need to do this) – note this option will only appear if the picture is on the page and not in an outline.
- Then you can make this page a template:
- Format (menu) -> Templates
- From the bottom of the task pane on the right choose “Save Current Page as a Template”
- Give it a name
- You can create pages with this template from the drop down arrow next to the new page button, here
- You can even set it as the default template for the current section so that all new pages in the section appear that way.