Installing/Adding IIS Windows Authentication feature in Windows 8

While installing the BizTalk Adapter Service I got the error "IIS Windows Authentication feature must be installed". As I am investigating Windows Azure Service Bus from my workstation running Windows 8, I don't have the convenience of the Server Manager to turn in on. Instead you will find it under the Windows Features - search for "Features" under "Settings" (or with 8.1 you will get the aggregated results). Below are screenshots showing the tree under which you can find the feature.

1. Mady says:

Hi,

I ran in to some issue regarding IIS WA feature, I am not able to see Windows Authentication under Security Checkbox. Any suggestions.

Thanks

2. Hazz says:

Same here, I can't see the Windows Authentication checkbox. I can't seem to find any solution online…

3. dreamtech says:

can someone please help on how to add the windows authentication features in IIS

4. Wolfgang says:

I ran into the same issue. I have only 4 Items under "Security" with Windows 8.1

Seems that Windows 8.1 PRO has to be installed to select this "Windows Authentication" feature.

5. Aurobinda says:

hello sir,

i have done everything by checking all the required options but local host is not working . plz give me solution

6. Wolfgang says:

@Aurobinda: I do not understand your problem.

Are you sure you have Windows 8.1 PRO edition installed?

If "localhost" is not working try "127.0.0.1" instead.

7. bincy says:

what is aggregated results mean??.. for windows 8.1

8. jeddi wissam says:

hi i want do the same but i dont have Windows Authentication  in the liste how i can get it

9. Wolfgang says:

@jeddi

Then check what version of Windows you have.

It is only part of the PRO version and not of the "normal" version.

10. abhishek says:

I have windows 8.1 and i am try to install microstrategy software but i am getting error following

1>setup has detected that adobe PDF reader software is installed  on your machine ,but there is no application associated with opening PDF files

And for windows 8.1 what version of windows installer we have to install.

11. abhishek says:

I have windows 8.1 and i am try to install microstrategy software but i am getting following error

And for windows 8.1 what version of windows installer we have to install.

12. Marivan says:

Eu tenho o Windows 8.1 e eu estou tentar instalar o software da MicroStrategy, e consta como se não tivesse o Windows Authentication no IIS, porém mesmo com esse forúm não aparece essa opção.

13. Marivan says:

I have Windows 8.1 and I'm trying to install MicroStrategy's software, and appears as if no Windows Authentication in IIS, but even with that forum does not appear that option.

14. owin says:

still no resolution?

can see only 1) Basic Authentication 2) IP Security 3) Request Filtering 4) URL Authorization nothing else.

15. Dinesh says:

Even I cant find it, any solution fouind yet?

16. John says:

Although I have windows 8.1 Pro installed it seems I cannot enabling IIS. I get an error message indicating there is not enough memory. Also under Web Management Tools, there is only IIS 6 Management Compatibility and under World Wide Web Services/Security are no further options.

17. Shruti says:

Even I don't have the Windows authentication option under Security in Windows 8.1 and I'm trying to install Microstrategy. Did anyone find a solution yet?

18. vivek says:

19. Manoj says:

I am using windows 8 and even i couldn't find windows authentication

20. DEEPAK says:

DOES NOT FOUND ANY  WINDOW AUTHENTICATION SECORITY  IN IIS 8

21. Hans says:

Close IIS. Add the feature Windows Authentication as described above. Execute on the commandline "IISRESET" and start IIS. Windows Authentication is available.

22. Olly says:

Check your windows version, it seems this is only available on 8.1 Pro!

23. Marlon says:

On windows 8.1 Pro is OK, It work for me, thanks…

24. theKonshus1 says:

Thanks for posting.  It works for me in Windows 10 !

25. kartik says:

how does this work in windows 10 ? i dont see any option for check box to enable it..

26. SD says:

I'm having the same issue, cant see the windows authentication check box 🙁

27. oscar mauricio says:

I had the same issue, unfortunely. Windows Authentificaticion only apperar in Windows 8.1 Pro versión. I had to Upgrade

Comments are closed.