Looking for some place to get started with HTML5 Gaming? How about porting it to different platforms like iOS and Windows 8? If so you will not want to miss the upcoming free, HTML5 Gaming Workshop from local Jesse Freeman.
What is it?
HTML5 Game Development with Impact
When is it?
DATE: Monday, March 5, 2012
REGISTRATION: 8:00am – 8:30am
TIME: 8:30am – 4:30 pm
Where is it?
What will I learn?
During this workshop we will cover:
• How to install tools for HTML 5 game building.
• Introduction to Game Design, Game Theory and Web Gaming.
• Intro to ImpactJS.
• Making your first ImpactJS game.
• Game Asset generation with PhotoShop Scripting.
• Working with inheritance, animation and sound in ImpactJS.
• Deployment strategies and distribution (Web, Desktop, Mobile).
• Deploying your game to Windows 8 as a Metro Style App.
Workshop attendees will also get a free non-commercial license of Impact JS along with documentation and lesson source code.
So, what should you do?
• Register now – these will fill up quickly
• Bring a laptop (we may not have room for your awesome liquid-cooled gaming desktop)
• Start thinking of game ideas! Keep them simple to start – you can always make them more awesome later.
It’s a free event, so register today and we’ll see you at HTML5 Game Development with Impact!